WE ARE GROWING
Looking for the right teacher to join our team
Children develop problem-solving skills, co-operation, self-esteem, and knowledge, through playing in nature. KIND (Kids In Nature Discovering) Forest School allows children the space and time to develop their own interests, foster new skills and to explore the world through rich, hands-on, experience.
We are searching for a forest school teacher/educator
- Preferred: OCT / RECE / CYW / Forest School Practitioner certification
- Experience working with elementary school aged children (preferably in a teaching role), passion for the outdoors and class management
- Experience working with ADHD and exceptionalities, considered an asset.
- First Aid with CPR-C and police vulnerable sector check required
- First Nations applicants will be given special consideration in regards to educational requirement with explanation of relevant knowledge and life experience
- Planning and implementing dynamic outdoor activities that stimulate the curiosity and imagination of children while maintaining a flexible and curious attitude that allows for child-led learning opportunities.
- Ability to engage children in learning, organize time, and communicate effectively with parents and co-workers.
- Comfortable being active with children, modelling inclusivity and patience as well as adhering to the shared values of Forest School.
- Ensuring a safe environment for children at all times. Undertaking risk-benefit analysis of activities and risk assessment of site and continuing to do so as activities shift.
- Being enthusiastic about and equipped to spend the day active and outside in all types of weather.
- Sharing planning and evaluations as well as recording observations/behaviours. Writing learning stories and uploading them to a group website for sharing.
- Physically capable of walking on uneven terrain while carrying a backpack in all weather conditions.
- Ensuring first aid kits and tools are fit for purpose and appropriately stored.
- Light maintenance, cooking or cleaning duties may also be needed.
The job is permanent, part-time, weekday mornings. We are flexible and may be able to accommodate teachers who work another part-time job. Free tuition for one child included as a benefit. Hourly wage to be negotiated based on experience and education.